Monday 26 August 2013

St. Ives Naturally Clear Apricot Scrub

St. Ives Apricot Scrub - £4.29*

St. Ives Apricot Scrub* was one of the first skincare products I ever purchased when I was a teenager so I was excited when I was offered the chance to review one of their new look scrubs. As the UK's number one scrub brand, St. Ives promises healthier looking, glowing skin in seven days by gently exfoliating the skin with 100% natural exfoliants and extracts. Exfoliating is an important part of your skincare routine, resulting in brighter and softer skin and I usually do this about 3 times a week.

The Scrub comes in four different formulations; Invigorating for normal skin, Gentle for sensitive skin, Blemish Fighting for oily/blemish prone skin and Renew and Firm to restore the skins youthfulness. I've been having a lot of breakouts recently so I decided to go for the Naturally Clear, blemish fighting scrub.

The blemish fighting scrub gently and effectively lifts away surface oils and dirt to prevent blackheads and blemishes. It's oil free and contains salicylic acid an essential ingredient to stop those breakouts! It has a gorgeous apricot scent which isn't overpowering and always makes my skin feel refreshed and clean in the morning. You can feel the exfoliating beads getting right into your pores and the creamy formula leaves your skin feeling soft. I sometimes feel exfoliaters can be quite harsh on my skin but I can use this in the morning as well as at night as it's really gentle and doesn't leave my skin looking red. I've using this 3 to 4 times a week (as recommend) for about 5 weeks now and have definitely noticed a difference in my skin. I still get the occasional spot (who doesn't?) but my pores seem less visible and I haven't had as many blackheads around my t-zone.

After all these years, St. Ives Apricot Scrub is still a winner. I've really enjoyed using this scrub in my weekly skincare routine and can see myself repurchasing it in the future. Such a great product for under a fiver! What do you think, have you used it before?


9 comments:

  1. I wanted to use it once but when I did a little research, many said that it would ruin the skin because it was so harsh. Maybe some people are too more sensitive, or maybe they've changed since then, but I still wouldn't approach that particular product. :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I've never heard anyone say that about this product. It doesn't even make my skin go red...

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. * Then you must be a lucky one. :) 40% of the reviews were saying how abrasive the formula is for the face, and how it caused little bumps on their skin, etc.
      Your skin must just be one of quality heheh. ^^

      Delete
  2. I love this scrub so much too, it’s a definitely must in a skincare routine! Have you used the burts bees scrub? I reviewed it last week, and I think I may prefer it to this one! xx

    zoeyinwonderland.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This scrub looks really good, I might have to try it out!
    http://lilureelite.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this Scrub. It's been my favorite for a long time. I hope you'll have a chance and stop by my blog. All about Beauty. Life. and DIY. If you ever have an OTD, LOTD, hair or nail tutorial, or a fun fashion DIY, I'd love for you to share it at "That's my Style" Link party TOMORROW (every Friday). Don't have anything to share? Stop by anyway for beauty tutorial and fun DIY projects. Hope to see you there. :)

    Karla @ www.MySerendipitousLife.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is my go to scrub!

    theglamaddict.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete