Tuesday 3 September 2013

Cream Blush: Bourjois Healthy Glow & Topshop Morning Dew




(Top: Healthy Glow, Bottom: Morning Dew)

First of all, sorry for being such a rubbish blogger lately. Last month, I didn't have any motivation to blog as I felt I was so busy all the time but this month I'm back and have lots of new products to share with you! Up until last year I had always been a powder kinda girl but I've now fallen in love with cream products, especially blush. Recently, I added two new pretty blushes to my collection: Topshop Morning Dew and Bourjois Healthy Glow and I'm loving both of them.

Bourjois 02 Healthy Glow - It has taken me a while to finally purchase one of the sought-after Bourjois cream blushes but as Superdrug were having a 3 for 2 on Bourjois I picked one up along with an eyeliner pen and one of the Color Boost lip crayons. I decided to go for the shade Healthy Glow which is a gorgeous bright orange/coral and was my favourite out of the four. It gives my cheeks a lovely healthy glow (appropriately named) and I love wearing it paired with a coral or orange lipstick and bronzed skin. Although the blushes have a cream to powder finish, they still manage to leave your skin looking slightly dewy and aren't too matte. At £7.99 they are reasonably priced and although I'm not keen on the other shades, this one is definitely a winner.

Topshop Morning Dew - After seeing the Topshop cream blushes on countless blogs and lusting after them for months, I finally decided to bite the bullet and pick one up. I'm a big fan of the Topshop lipsticks so was excited to try out the blush. There were a lot of shades to choose from and after spending 15 minutes swatching all the testers I decided to go for Morning Dew, a gorgeous pink. The Topshop blushes seem slightly creamier than the Bourjous ones which I think I prefer as I love the dewy skin look. You only need a little bit of this product as it's very pigmented so I expect it to last quite a while which is amazing for a product that only costs £6. I'll definitely be adding more Topshop blushes to my collection - I want them all!

I usually apply my cream blushes with either the Real Techniques Stippling brush, Expert Face brush or sometimes just my fingertips. What do you think of these products? Blushes are fast becoming one of my favourite products, any recommendations are welcome!










8 comments:

  1. morning dew looks absolutely stunning! i'm definitely going to have to buy that soon:) topshops 'head over heels' is my all time favourite blusher, its a perfect peachy pink! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore Topshop blushes! Haven't tried this one yet - definitely next on my list.

    Katie | and-katie.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! I've always lusted over Topshop's makeup line - the blushes and nail polishes are so gorgeous! I'll definitely have to try it out then :)

    Malvika
    http://www.prettylittlethings7.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oohh! I bet healthy glow looks so beautiful on the cheeks!
    I love my Bourjois cream blush <3
    Kallie @ But First, Coffee

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the expert face brush for cream blushes x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love using that topshop cream blush! its such a lovely shade!

    themacaronaddict.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning Dew looks lovely, I've got Head over Heels and love the formula so I'll have to try this one next!

    Nicola - chattynics / beauty & lifestyle blog
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the topshop cream blush!

    theglamaddict.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete