Friday 25 October 2013

The Vampire Diaries Inspired Halloween Makeup




I always find deciding what to dress up as for Halloween really hard and never really go all out. This year I felt the same and as The Vampire Diaries is my favourite TV show I decided to try out a Katherine/Elena inspired makeup look.

To create this look I started off with using two foundations, a dark one for around the outside of my face and a light one in the middle to create a contoured look. I also contoured and highlighted my face to make it look a little more sculpted. For the eyes I decided to go for a dark black and red smoky eye using MAC Carbon and Coppering as well as the red from my Kryolan Grease palette. For the veins under the eyes I mixed together the red and black colours from my grease palette and used a fine liner brush to draw them on (you don't need to be neat at all). To make my eyes a little more dramatic I added some falsies and also did my brows a little darker than usual. As you never really see Katherine or Elena wearing dark lipstick I stuck with a nude lip (dark got all over the fangs) and again used the red from my grease palette for some blood. To top off the look I obviously needed some fangs which you can get here on eBay for only £1.99!

Products used:
  • Bourjous Healthy Mix foundation 55
  • Clinique Anti-Blemish Solutions foundation 01 Fresh Alabaster
  • MAC Prep & Prime Highlighting Pen in Light Boost
  • MAC Harmony Blush
  • NARS Laguna Bronzer
  • MAC MSF in Medium
  • NARS Albatross highlighting powder
  • MAC eye shadows in Carbon and Coppering
  • L'Oreal Super Liner
  • MAC Feline kohl liner
  • Benefit Brow Zings in Dark
  • Eylure Lashes
  • Rimmel Moisture Renew lipstick in Nude Delight
  • Krylon Professional Makeup Supracolour Grease Palette

I actually really love this makeup look and have decided to go out as this for Halloween this weekend and next. I'm going to do my hair big and curly and wear an all black outfit and super high heels for the Katherine Pierce look. I hope you like the look I created! What are you dressing up as for Halloween?





9 comments:

  1. You look amaaaazing! Its such a simple yet effective look! The way you described doing it sounds really easy but I garuntee I couldn't do it haha :) xxx.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing! I was going to go as her too but decided not too in the end, I would never have been able to such an amazing job like you! You look so good!!!!

    Claudia xx

    Beauty and the Chic

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww this looks amazing hun! the teeth look so good, I always do my brows more defined and darker when I'm going out. hope you enjoy your weekend lovely :) xx
    http://peachynotes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. That make up is amazing, how do you look sosoooooo beautiful made up like that, no fair!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This look is just amazzinng! You resemble katherine peirce so much! The eyes are done so well.

    -Kookii
    The Beauty Diary♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my I flipping love this! The Vampire Diaries is my all time favourite show. Your skin looks flawless and it looks like you could fit right in on the series haha :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous!! You actually look like Eleana in the top pic! x

    ReplyDelete